A Shock Absorber sports bra is many things… Comfortable, supportive and breathable are just three of these. They are scientifically tested and designed to:
- Reduce chest movement by up to 78% - twice as much as a normal bra
- Be fast-drying and moisture-wicking
- Be light and durable
How are Sports Bras Made?
All Shock Absorber sports bras, no matter the design, are composed of four crucial key fabric features. These features are what separate them from how other sports bras are made.
- They’re made with quick-dry fabrics. This fabric removes the chance of rubbing in key areas and improves the body's temperature regulation.
- The fabrics are also moisture-wicking. This is a fancy way of saying that they repel sweat from the body, ensuring that the skin can stay dry for the duration of your workout.
- They’re durable and abrasion-resistant, too. This essentially means that they’ve got good longevity, as this works to reduce fabric pilling. So you’re sure to get a good life out of your Shock Absorber bra!
- Finally, the fabrics are Sports Performance. This means that they’re breathable and ensure air gets to the skin, so you’re guaranteed to stay cool whilst exercising.
Is Shock Absorber True to Size?
Shock Absorber recommends going up a band size in their Ultimate Run and Active Multi Sports bras, as these come up small. With any brand, it’s important to remember that size can differ, so sometimes it’s a case of trial and error with finding the perfect fit.
How to Measure for a Shock Absorber Sports Bra
Shock Absorber Sports Bras are measured in the same way as all bras - with your band and cup measurements. You can find our bra size guide here, which tells you everything you need to know about how to measure yourself. Our inches to cup conversions are the same as Shock Absorber, so you can take your normal cup without worrying about converting it. Under bands can differ though, so we’ve included a handy Shock Absorber band size chart below.
The History of Shock Absorber
Shock Absorber was launched in 1995, after being prompted a year prior by research carried out at Edinburgh University on the effects of exercise on women’s breasts. Since then, Shock Advisor has launched a variety of sports bras in different designs, all encompassing various qualities to ensure that breasts are completely supported during exercise.
Research shows that it’s possible for an A cup to bounce up to 4cm during exercise, whilst a G cup can bounce all the way up to 14cm. Breasts can gradually stretch as a result of repeated impact and exercise, causing irreversible damage. This means that sports bras are an essential: they’re needed to provide extra support and positioning during exercise.
The Best High Impact Sports Bra for Large Breasts
We all know the struggle - big boobs and exercise is not a good combination. It's especially difficult to find a high impact sports bra that covers larger cup sizes...
Shock Absorber sports bras come in three different types: low, medium and high impact. Low impact is for light exercise, medium impact is for mild-intensity workouts, and high impact is for high-intensity exercise. Good high impact sports bras are usually hard to come by, but Shock Absorber is the obvious exception.
The Ultimate Run and Active Multi Sports Bras are two of Shock Absorber's best-sellers, and it's not difficult to understand why.
- Shock Absorber Ultimate Run Sports Bra - available up to a FF cup. Made with moulded, breathable cups and high performance fabrics for friction-free comfort.
- Shock Absorber Active Multi Sports Bra - available up to a HH cup. With adjustable everything, power mesh side wings and high-performance fabric.
Both of these bras have everything you need to keep you covered for a high-intensity workout, so they're pretty great. It's super important to be wearing the right sports bra when you exercise, so worry no more, you're sorted now. Rundown complete!
Any questions or comments? Get in touch. We're more than happy to help you with your journey to the perfect Shock Absorber sports bra.
Back to Blog Homepage