The term ‘VPL’ is simply an abbreviation of visible panty line. Undergarments referred to with ‘no VPL’ mean that they have no visible stitching on the outside, making them invisible underneath clothing. They’re really comfortable, perfect for everyday wear and are usually super lightweight.
VPL Meaning: What is VPL?
Underwear with no VPL can be referred to in a number of ways, so it's important to know what to look out for. It's often described as invisible underwear, seamless/seam-free underwear or second skin. These all mean the same thing: that they're guaranteed to not be visible under clothing.
Whilst VPL is referring to pants and panty lines, invisible bras are a thing too! It’s easy to tell when underwear is seamless or invisible - it looks just like normal, only minus the stitched (usually elastic) lining, seams, hems or whatever you want to call them.
No VPL or invisible underwear is the perfect option for when your clothing is a bit more figure-hugging or bodycon.
Although primarily used for being invisible under clothing, underwear with no VPL or seams is often much more comfortable, as it’s made out of softer materials and doesn’t have a band to dig into your waist. The lack of seams/hems mean that you get a beautiful, smooth silhouette, just as if you’re not wearing any underwear at all.
At BraForMe, we’ve got a fantastic range of no VPL pants. So many of our brands provide seam-free designs, so it's pretty hard to narrow it down!
No VPL Knickers
For ANYTHING no VPL or invisible, head straight to Sloggi’s ZERO Feel collection. I know I go on about ZERO Feel, but there’s a very good reason for that. From hipsters to high waisted no VPL pants, Sloggi has it all.
The ZERO Feel collection:
- Is made with lightweight and breathable fabrics. These fabrics are also soft, flexible and have a very fancy name.
- Features dot bonding technology, which also sounds very fancy.
- Make you feel like you’re wearing a second skin (and boy, does it!)
- Also comes in lace versions, giving you ALL of the style options.
- Is completely invisible under all clothing.
No VPL Underwear
If Sloggi isn’t the one for you, Marie Jo’s L’Adventure Colour Studio collection has a great range of no VPL underwear.
The L’Adventure Colour Studio collection:
- Features seamless knickers, briefs and no VPL thongs.
- Ensures all day comfort and invisibility under clothes.
- Is all made with silky-soft fabric and a cotton crotch, making it pretty easy to forget that you’re wearing any underwear at all.
- Comes with choices in SEVEN different colourways, so there’s one for each day of the week!
Hopefully that’s sorted you with everything you need to know about VPL and invisible underwear, so you've got everything you need to get going with your search. No VPL has SO many benefits, so you really won't regret making the switch!
Back to Blog Homepage