T-shirt bras are designed to be worn under t-shirts and tight clothing without being seen (hence the name). They’re usually padded or lightly padded, with little to no detailing to keep the bra smooth and invisible. T-shirt bras are the perfect everyday bra, giving you a smooth silhouette under any kind of clothing. Our collection of t-shirt bras includes the best from our most popular brands, including Freya, Fantasie and Gossard.
T-shirt bras are essential pieces for your everyday underwear collection. The cups are either moulded or padded depending on the design, providing a smooth, rounded shape. They’re typically underwired, as this provides optimal support, but some brands do also offer soft cup t-shirt bras. The main purpose of a t-shirt bra is to be invisible underneath tight clothing, meaning that the cups are usually always seamless. They’re also normally made in neutral colours with no type of pattern, design or lace detailing, in order to appear smooth underneath clothing.
What is the Difference Between a T-Shirt Bra and a Normal Bra?
T-shirt bras are the most suitable everyday bras, as they’re designed to be worn under tight-fitting clothing. The seam-free cups create a smooth silhouette, and the moulding or padding ensures a rounded shape. T-shirt bras are usually available in classic, neutral colours with a seamless design, keeping them discreet and invisible underneath clothing.
What are the Different Styles of T-Shirt Bras?
T-shirt bras come in all sorts of different styles, from padded t-shirt bras and moulded t-shirt bras, all the way to plunge t-shirt bras.
- Plunge t-shirt bras have all the benefits of a plunge bra (the v-shaped neckline), only with the added bonus of being suitable for wearing underneath tighter clothing.
- Moulded t-shirt bras have foam moulding in the cups instead of padding, meaning that they have a pre-formed shape, guaranteeing a more rounded look underneath clothing. They’re not always suited to smaller sizes and certain shapes, as it’s possible not to ‘fill’ the cup.
- Padded t-shirt bras are the most common style of t-shirt bra, simply designed with padding in the cups to create a smooth silhouette and enhanced shape.
Are T-Shirt Bras Good?
Yes, they are! T-shirt bras come with all sorts of different benefits: they aren’t one of the most popular everyday styles for no reason. The perks of t-shirt bras are:
- Invisibility. The main purpose of t-shirt bras is to remain hidden underneath clothing, so they’re convenient for wearing daily.
- Comfort. T-shirt bras are one of the most comfortable styles out there due to the padding/moulding (which also add support).
- Simplicity. T-shirt bras are simple in design and colour, but this doesn’t mean that they’re lacking in style. They’re a staple piece for any lingerie collection, allowing you to wear a range of different types of clothing.
Best-Selling T-Shirt Bras
At BraForMe, we have a fantastic range of t-shirt bras. We offer free standard UK shipping on all orders and a 30-day returns policy, meaning that you can shop with complete peace of mind from the comfort of your own home.
- For a plus-size t-shirt bra, we recommend Fantasie’s Rebecca Moulded T-Shirt Bra, which is available in a range of classic colours with matching briefs up to an H cup. It features wide wiring, a spacer mould and flexible neck edge, meaning that it provides comfort, full coverage and ease of fit. The spacer fabric is also lightweight and breathable, creating a smooth silhouette and rounded shape underneath clothing.
- For a plunge t-shirt bra, try Freya’s Deco Moulded T-Shirt Bra. With seamless cups and a low-cut, plunging neckline, it’s guaranteed to create a fabulous cleavage, all whilst being suitable for wearing underneath tight clothing. It also features additional powernet wings, meaning it’s got full anchorage and support. A t-shirt bra that has it all!
Shop T-Shirt Bras
That's everything you need to know about t-shirt bras, but if there's anything you're unsure of, you can contact us here. Our team is always on hand to help, and we're always more than happy to give you some lingerie recommendations!