World Mental Health Day: Love Yourself Through Lingerie
You’re probably wondering why you’re reading about World Mental Health Day on a blog dedicated to lingerie... The simple answer is that I believe it’s important to talk about every aspect of life, especially the hard parts.
As nice as it sounds, I know that the world doesn't revolve around lingerie. We’re all human and we’ve all got stuff going on, so when important events like World Mental Health Day are coming up, it’s essential to show some support and be open about it. Talking is key to ending the stigma.
Whilst I don’t have any magic solution to all of the world’s problems, I do have one thing I can share: positivity and support. I know how much confidence and happiness can come from finding lingerie that you love and that fits you perfectly, so I think it’s important to share it. We all wear underwear, so let’s make sure that it’s doing its job: protecting you, supporting you and making you feel good.
When is World Mental Health Day?
World Mental Health Day 2022 is celebrated on Monday 10th October. It happens on the 10th October every year and is recognised by the World Health Organisation.
The theme for this year’s World Mental Health Day is ‘Make mental health and wellbeing for all a global priority’.
What is World Mental Health Day?
World Mental Health Day was first celebrated in 1992 and the aim of it is to ensure that mental health is treated the same as physical health. It's an invitation to show some support and end the stigma around mental health issues.
How to Celebrate World Mental Health Day
- Donate to a charity supporting mental health. I recommend the Mental Health Foundation, who have been the leading charity for all things mental health since 1949. You can donate by clicking the link above.
- Go green for the day! The green ribbon is used as an international symbol for mental health awareness, so wearing the ribbon or something green is a great way to show some support. Since we're mixing lingerie with our celebration, I recommend Passionata's Maddie Half Cup Memory Bra in Khaki paired with the Maddie Shorty. The set is stunning, supportive and super comfortable: everything you need to feel good.
- Check in on your friends and loved ones. Sometimes a little reminder that someone cares about you makes all the difference between a good and bad day.
- Don't be afraid of your feelings. Without sounding too cliché, it's okay not to be okay. The whole point of World Mental Health Day is to break the stigma, so if you're struggling, tell the world!
- Above all, look after yourself. Do whatever you need to do to help yourself feel better. This usually starts with talking to your support network, and hopefully this is the push you need to do so.
I know how hard simple things like getting dressed can be when you don't feel great. For these times, it's really important to have the most comfortable underwear you can get.
My top recommendation for comfortable underwear is Sloggi. Sloggi is the type of underwear that's designed with comfort in mind, so it's exactly the type of thing you need to make getting ready as effortless as possible.
Try the ZERO Feel collection: it's designed to make it feel like you're not wearing anything at all, so it's perfect for those days when you really don't want to think about your underwear.
Fantasie's Smoothease collection is another great one for comfort without sacrificing any support. These sets are perfect for both loungewear and daily wear, so they're great options for simplicity, without sacrificing style. It also comes in a beautiful range of neutral colours, so you can mix-and-match to your heart's content.
Guides to Fitting and Sizing
Another part of ensuring that you're as comfortable and as supported as possible is making sure that you know exactly what your underwear size is and how it should fit. I've got a full set of bra fitting guides that you can visit, which will tell you everything you need to know to make sure that your underwear fits perfectly.
Like I said, I don't have the answers to everything... However, staying comfortable and supported is a big part of looking after yourself, and that is something I can always help with.
If you've got any questions or any comments on the issues raised in this blog, please feel free to contact us here. Our team are always on hand with a friendly face and we love hearing from you.
Psst. Did you know? We ship internationally! No matter where you are, we can provide you with your dream bra. Check out our shipping policy for everything you need to know about timings, prices and returns.
Back to Blog Homepage