We know how hard it can be to find the perfect bra, which is why it's so important to make sure that you always get the right size. Enter the Prima Donna Size Guide...
Sizing always differs from brand to brand, and with availability in up to 69 different bra sizes, Prima Donna have certainly got a whole range of sizes and shapes covered. You want to get the perfect fit first time, so let's go through everything you need to know about the Prima Donna size.
Prima Donna Sizing
The first part of the Prima Donna size guide is to establish how the sizing actually works. The Prima Donna brand can be separated into two categories: Prima Donna and Prima Donna Twist. Twists have a slightly different fit to the normal styles, so make sure to follow these tips to get the perfect size.
How Do You Measure For a Prima Donna Bra?
- Firstly, if you don't know your current bra size, follow the How to Measure Your Bra Size guide. This will provide you with your measurements, which will enable you to work out your Prima Donna size.
- If you’ve never tried either Prima Donna or Prima Donna Twist, it’s recommended that you choose your regular sizing for Twist styles and go down a cup size (staying the same band size) with regular Prima Donna styles.
- If you know your size in Prima Donna styles and want to try a Twist, go up a cup size and stay the same band size.
- If you know your Twist size and want to try a normal Prima Donna style, go down a cup size and stay the same band size.
- It's recommended that you take your Twist size as your Sports and Swim size, too.
Are Prima Donna Bras True to Size?
Normal Prima Donna bras are relatively true to size, although as mentioned above, sizing will differ depending on style. Prima Donna don't offer double cups though, which brings us to the next point.
Prima Donna Size Guide: Double Cups
Another important part of the Prima Donna Size Guide is to point out that they don't offer double cup sizes. If you usually wear a double cup size, check out the table below for your cup conversions. Please note that these conversions are only a guide, so you might need to try a few different cup sizes before you find the best one for you.
Prima Donna Bra Size Conversion: International Sizes
Luckily, Prima Donna's cup sizes are global, so your size will only change depending on whether or not you've gone for a normal Prima Donna or a Twist style.
If you're currently wearing anything other than a UK size, head to our International Bra Size Converter to find out your size conversions.
Prima Donna Size Guide: Band Sizes
Follow the table below to ensure your measurements line up with the correct Prima Donna band size.
Prima Donna Size Guide: Briefs and Swimwear
As always, briefs and swim are more simple to size than bras. Prima Donna bikini tops are sold by your bra size, which is always a bonus. Simply refer to your Twist size for swim tops and follow the table below for your other size conversions.
Prima Donna Size Guide: Fitting Advice
In line with our best practices on how should a bra fit, Prima Donna group their guidance into the 6 key components of the bra.
- The back should be snug, but not too tight. Fasten the bra’s middle hook and try to fit three fingers underneath the clasp. If you can and the band stays parallel to the floor, then the back is the right size.
- Underwire should lie flat against the chest and completely encompass the boobs.
- The centre gore should also lie flat against the chest.
- If there’s any type of spillage, you need a larger cup size. Just like if there’s any gaping or wrinkling, it’s time for a smaller cup size or a different type of bra.
- Straps should never dig in - the only thing this is going to do is cause pain and lead to some major discomfort. PrimaDonna recommends adjusting the straps until you can fit two fingers in between the strap and the shoulder for the right fit.
- The bra should feel right. You'll know when you know, but if it doesn't feel comfortable, then it doesn't fit you properly.
Prima Donna Size Guide: Bra Styles
Prima Donna offer a wide range of bra types and styles, so it’s also important to know how their styles differ from normal. All Prima Donna bras are made of at least 45 components and have a lining or integrated cup padding to lift, round and centre the breasts, so you know that you’re going to get incredible support, no matter the style.
Here’s a list of Prima Donna's 8 most common bra types and their key features.
- Balcony: a revealing style that provides lift and cleavage. Made with padded cups or sturdy tulle for support and the straps are closer together (unlike the traditional balcony) to prevent slippage.
- Bralette: a light and airy style made with underwire and banding for extra support.
- Deep Plunge: extra low cut, made with sturdy materials to ensure lift and support.
- Full Cup: provides full coverage and support whilst lifting and centering the boobs. Offers a beautiful silhouette and is most comfortable for larger sizes.
- Sports: made with padded cups to give support, reduce movement and prevent any kind of discomfort. Also made with soft, breathable and moisture wicking fabric to ensure no chafing and quick drying.
- Strapless/Bandeau: composed of padded cups, an elastic band and back panel to ensure fantastic support, regardless of the straps.
- T-Shirt: seamless and smooth, so offers a perfectly invisible finish. Made with opaque cups, light padding/lining and breathable fabric. Also specially offered in a variety of neutral colours - everything you need from a T-Shirt bra.
- Wireless: offering an excellent fit with support coming from a strong band and lining.
Back to Brand Size Guides
Whilst following an accurate bra size chart is really important, there’s also a few other steps you should never skip in your bra fitting journey. Our complete set of bra fitting guides will take you through each step, or you can head straight to whichever one you need now.
United Kingdom & Northern Ireland (incl. Channel Islands)
Standard Delivery (2-4 Days, Royal Mail 48) - FREE
Express Delivery (1-2 Days, Royal Mail 24) - £4.45
Next Day Delivery (Royal Mail Special Delivery by 1pm the next day, excluding weekends) * - £7.99
*Orders must be placed before 13.00 BST to ensure they are eligible for Next Day Delivery*
Zone 1 - 4-6 Days - £8.99
Sweden, Austria, Italy, Poland
Zone 2 - 4-6 Days - £7.99
Portugal, Belgium, Ireland, Netherlands, France, Spain, Germany.
United States Tracked (estimated 5-10 days, USPS Tracked Service) - £7.49
Canada Tracked (estimated 5-10 days) - £9.99
Australia Tracked (estimated 7-10 days) - £9.99
New Zealand Tracked (estimated 7-10 days) - £11.99
Don’t see your location? We can still post to other countries! Contact us directly and we can provide a shipping cost.
View our full Shipping Policy